Process step for publishing Nuget package

doorman

05 Dec, 2017 01:46 PM

I would like to publish a nuget package to the RBNuget server as part of a process step on Octopus. Can I use the deploy package process step for this or is there another way to handle this?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Reece Walsh on 06 Dec, 2017 04:05 AM

Hi Halldorf,

Thank you for getting in touch!

It sounds like you want to promote your package to a different feed, which can be done by calling NuGet directly in your deployment process. We have an internal project that does exactly this, which deploys NuGet.exe itself and Octo.exe, then calls those and pushes to MyGet. Our script looks like this.

$nugetExe = $OctopusParameters['Octopus.Action[Unpack Nuget].Output.Package.InstallationDirectoryPath'] + "\tools\nuget.exe"
    $clientDir = $OctopusParameters['Octopus.Action[Unpack OctopusTools Nupkgs].Output.Package.InstallationDirectoryPath'] + "\*.nupkg"

"Pushing $clientDir to $MyGetUrl using $nugetExe"
    . $nugetExe push $clientDir -ApiKey $MyGetApiKey -Source $MyGetUrl -NonInteractive -Verbosity detailed

Since this is a general example, you'll need to customize it to suit your needs specifically.

There is a feature on our roadmap called remote release promotions, and you may find this interesting and eventually useful in your scenario. Check out our RFC detailing many detailed thoughts on how we're thinking of approaching this.

I hope this helps!

If you require any additional information please let me know :)

Kind Regards,

Reece

2. 2 Posted by robert.mein on 20 Mar, 2018 07:30 PM

I'm trying to write a Script module to deploy a Nuget package to an external nuget feed as part of a Production deployment. It can then just be called as part of a package deploy step. How can I tell it to pull from the built-in feed so it doesn't try to upload the delta packages?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac