aws - elastic beanstalk

rich.s.wright

16 May, 2013 01:48 PM

Hi

I was wondering if you were looking deploying to elastic beanstalk on aws at any point? Has anyone ever requested this?

Thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Paul Stovell on 19 May, 2013 11:49 PM

Hi Rich,

We don't currently have any plans as this is the first request I've seen. Would it be a matter of taking the NuGet package, turning it into a Web Deploy package, and then pushing it to elastic beanstalk similar to the way Azure deployments work?

Paul

2. 2 Posted by James on 21 Jun, 2013 11:06 AM

I too would like to see the ability to use Octopus Deploy with ASW elasticity products.

3. 3 Posted by Mike Carlisle on 04 Sep, 2013 11:04 AM

It's possible to do this currently. You just need to create an AWSDeploy package that will install the tentacle on a new instance, register with the server and invoke a push command.

4. 4 Posted by vladsalagean on 29 Sep, 2015 07:21 AM

5. 5 Posted by rsingh on 06 Oct, 2015 03:59 PM

I also wanted to add another vote for supporting deployments to AWS elastic beanstalk. I have read the articles linked so I know this can be done already. I was wondering if the issues with cleaning up the terminated EC2 instances has been fixed.

What if we wanted to use AWS command line tools to provision resources? Is it as simple as install these tools on Octopus server and giving it appropriate permissions. These are newby questions as I am on my day 2 of Octopus deploy evaluation.

6. 6 Posted by nick.l on 17 Mar, 2016 05:51 PM

I am also wondering if there has been any traction on this.

Thanks.

7. 7 Posted by Vanessa Love on 18 Mar, 2016 03:21 AM

Hi Nick,

Thanks for getting in touch! There are a few points below could you what specifically you are after/concerned about?

Vanessa

8. Paul Stovell closed this discussion on 04 Jan, 2017 06:40 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac