Can I offline package drop to a red hat server?

Stephen Tyler

06 Mar, 2018 10:13 PM

I would like to use the offline package drop functionality on a linux server. Is this possible? Are there any instructions for doing so? I am using RHEL 7.

I was able to install powershell on the server from here -
However, when I run the ps1 script in the offline package, it says

The module 'Calamari' could not be loaded. For more information, run 'Import-Module Calamari'.
At /home/stephentyler/1.0.581/ Python.Deployments-14378.ps1:21 char:7

I'm guessing its because it can't find Calamari\Calamari.exe. I am able to run "mono Calamari.exe" from the Calamari folder just fine.

This is roughly the same question as this -
Have there been any updates since then?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daniel Fischer on 07 Mar, 2018 12:41 AM

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately this is not currently possible in Octopus as we generate .ps1 and .bat scripts to execute the offline deployment.

We currently have an open UserVoice suggestion about this which could use some love. Feel free to vote and leave a comment with any thoughts.

We use UserVocie to gauge community support for new features and ideas. If a suggestion gathers enough support we can look into its implementation.

Best regards,

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac