Ignore Azure Deployment steps in auto deployment

21 Feb, 2018 08:27 PM

I’ve a solution needing windows services to be deployed to an elastic environment which works fine for adding new hosts etc.
However part of the project also deploys a number of api and websites to azure web apps. When the triggered deployment runs it also redeploys these Azure sites.
Is there a way to restrict the steps being ran on an auto deployment to only the service deployment required on the elastic VMs?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Nick Josevski on 22 Feb, 2018 05:51 AM

Hi Ben,

Thanks for getting in touch. We had a chat about this today as a team, and really the only suggestion we have is to try and split your project up, so the project that runs as an auto deployment just won't have those steps.

2. 2 Posted by ben on 22 Feb, 2018 08:46 AM

Hi Nick
    Thanks for the quick response. That’s unfortunate as octopus forms part of our CD pipeline it might be a bit tricky. There are no accessible parameters that are different for an auto deployment that I could use to differentiate what flow it was running in?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Nick Josevski on 22 Feb, 2018 10:41 PM

Hi Ben,

We appreciate it's tricky. On second look it's similar to the desire from another customer in the discussion here: https://help.octopusdeploy.com/discussions/questions/16807#comment_...

That work around suggests extra steps to interrogate the audit/event sub-system to help determine what's going on. If you can, let me know how you go, if you can craft something using that approach.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac