SSH User per tenant?

Chris Lindsay

20 Feb, 2018 05:51 PM

Hello,

I am using octopus deploy to deploy into linux targets. I would like to use a different ssh username per tenant and it would appear that I can do this with accounts in infrastructure, but I don't see how I can define which account i deploy with. Is that possible? How do I configure this?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Reece Walsh on 21 Feb, 2018 03:25 AM

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting in touch,

It's definitely possible to associate a specific SSH Account per Tenant.

You can do this via Infrastructure > Accounts as you've highlighted.

Upon creating the User, you can select the associated tenant(s) after selecting either 'Include only in Tenanted Deployments' or 'Include in both tenanted and untenanted deployments' under 'Tenanted Deployments' as shown in the screenshot I've attached below;

I hope this helps!

If I've misunderstood in any way or you require further assistance please let me know :)

Kind Regards,

Reece

2. 2 Posted by Chris Lindsay on 21 Feb, 2018 01:57 PM

Thanks for the great response, Reece. I was able to see the Tenanted Deployments settings under the account, but my question is around how to use that tenanted ssh account. Is it possible to use more than one account on a single deployment target? My specific scenario is that I have multiple tenants on a single target and I would like them each to deploy as their user on the target server. I hope that makes sense! Thanks again!!

3. 3 Posted by Chris Lindsay on 22 Feb, 2018 05:21 PM

Additionally, I noticed something else strange today. I have one ssh account user and it is set for untenanted, but yet I can still deploy my tenants on my environment targets with that SSH account. Should that be possible?

Thanks again!

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Reece Walsh on 27 Feb, 2018 12:04 AM

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting back to me regarding this,

I replied to your message earlier though I did so in the form of an internal private note, sorry for my mistake!

It's not currently possible to specify more than one SSH Account per target, however, it is possible to add the same deployment target more than once providing a unique name/port for each target, in doing this you can have the same physical target multiple times with unique accounts that you can then scope this deployment target to specific Tenants.

In regards to your second query, I believe this functionality is working as expected but I will check with the Team to see if this something that can be changed to avoid confusion moving forward.

I'll get back to you ASAP regarding this, I appreciate your patience and understanding :)

Kind Regards,

Reece

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac