deployment not picking up a process change

richardbanks

20 Feb, 2018 09:53 AM

Hey

I encountered an error in one of our deployments today so i applied a fix to one of the processes and tried again, however the fix was not picked up. I found i had to create a new release. Is there anyway to force octopus to pick up a change if you try to run the current release again?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Kenneth Bates on 21 Feb, 2018 01:49 AM

Hi Richard,

Thanks for getting in touch! When you create a release, it takes a snapshot of the project's variables and deployment process at that point in time, and uses that snapshot when you deploy the release through each environment in your lifecycle. This ensures that you know what was deployed to Dev is what gets deployed to Prod, but it usually requires a new release to be created depending on what you need to change.

If the change you made was on the variables in Octopus, there's a way to update the variable snapshot of the release to current. In the web portal, this option is under the specific release page. I've attached a screenshot showing this option. However, unfortunately there's no way to update changes to the deployment process in an existing release.

I hope this helps! Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns going forward. :)

Best regards,

Kenny

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac