How to get the Master Key from an Azure Deployment

tom.wylie

19 Feb, 2018 02:24 PM

OK - I have installed Octopus on a Azure Subscription via the INstall Script from the additions blade (+) in Azure. The Install has produced a web login - but I cannot see a Manager tab where I can get the Master Key from?

The documentation images don't appear to match what I am seeing the in Web Application so obvioulsy I am in the wrong place..but I cannot find the way to the right place...

Suggestions.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Lawrence Wilson on 21 Feb, 2018 03:18 AM

Hi Tom, Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear you are seeing issues retrieving the master key from Octopus.

One option which comes to mind could be to RDP directly to the server which is running Octopus. From there you can open the Octopus Manager program and select "Show Master Key".

Another method you can use to retrieve the master key is to use the Show-Master-Key command from a Windows Command Prompt (Please change values to suit your environment)

C:\>cd "C:\Program Files\Octopus Deploy\Octopus"

C:\Program Files\Octopus Deploy\Octopus>Octopus.Server.exe show-master-key
    <<YOUR OCTOPUS MASTER KEY DISPLAYED>>

Please let me know if you have any questions on this one.

Kind regards,
    Lawrence.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac