Require scheduled deployment for production

Brad

12 Feb, 2018 03:17 PM

Is there currently any way to require a scheduled deployment when deploying to a certain environment?
Outside of emergencies, we always deploy to our production environment in the evening. I feel like it would be nice to have to option to disable the "now" deployment to avoid an accidental early deployment.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Rob Erez on 12 Feb, 2018 11:01 PM

Hi Brad,
    At the moment we have no plans to enforce scheduled deployments. Even with that feature enabled I could always imagine some scenario where the users want to be able to create an exception to the rule (think "I just need the hotfix to patch the production bug now") and so we would end up having to provide a mechanism to override such a requirement anyway. In any case please feel free to add your suggestion to our uservoice page at https://octopusdeploy.uservoice.com/. Through user votes on uservoice we are able to best gauge demand for certain features and if it is something that other users could really use, then it might be a candidate for a feature.
    Thanks for getting in contact with your idea,
    Cheers,
    Rob

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac