Migrating an Octopus instance to another Octopus server

prabhatkumar.singh

12 Feb, 2018 04:47 AM

Hi ,

I have an Octopus server setup containing two instances - default and abc. I want to move my abc instance to another octopus server default instance. Please let me know if there is any documentation available for me to do this.

Thanks,
Prabhat

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Alex Rolley on 13 Feb, 2018 06:14 AM

Hi Prabhat,

Thanks for getting in touch!

What you will need to do is follow the steps on the linked support pages on how to move your Octopus components to a new Server. It's important to note that the new server must be an identical version to your current server (for example, if you are running 2018.2.1 on your current server, you must install 2018.2.1 on your new server).

Once you have installed all the components on the new server you can then remove the unwanted (default) instance on the new server, followed by removing the ABC instance on your existing server. Please backup all of your data first and test as much as possible before performing any destructive changes.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help with,

Regards,

Alex

2. 2 Posted by prabhatkumar.si... on 13 Feb, 2018 06:29 AM

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply. I will try this and will update you.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac