Release version number

mikejd

31 Jan, 2018 05:05 PM

Hi,
I want to use a variable as a version release number. It makes sense as we have a variable in my library set of variables, which is the version number we are releasing. So that gets passed through to a script that runs on the server and we do our git checkout and build based on that variable.
However in the project settings it doesn't allow me to use that variable as the release version template.
Seems like this would be an obvious way of numbering releases.
Is there a way of doing this.
Many thanks
Mike

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Kenneth Bates on 01 Feb, 2018 06:28 AM

Hi Mike,

Thanks for getting in touch! How is this variable scoped? There are some restrictions to binding the Release Versioning in your project to a variable. Only unscoped variables or variables scoped only to a channel can be resolved at release creation to define the release version.

You can also define the release versioning to Use the version number from an included package which will keep release versions in tandem.

Let me know how you go and if you have any further questions going forward!

Kind regards,

Kenny

2. 2 Posted by gb on 18 Jul, 2018 10:17 AM

hey @mike, this makes little sense, how do I combine package version with some increment without typing ".i" manually each time i create release?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac