Project Variable Sets

Mathias Colpaert

23 Jan, 2018 09:26 AM

Hi,

Variable sets allow for a nice grouping of variables, per functional concern. However, they end up on 'tenant' level, rather than on environment level.

Project variables end up on environment level but grouping is not allowed. You can only enter a long list of variables.

My question:
Am I missing something? Is there a way to group project variables, similar to variables sets?

Kind regards,
Mathias Colpaert

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Reece Walsh on 24 Jan, 2018 05:12 AM

Hi Mathias,

Thanks for getting in touch,

It's not currently possible to group Project Variables the same way you would do with Library Variable Sets.

The current method is to apply filters to the Project Variables area to navigate easier, though it's not currently a feature to save filtered views.

I've had a look through our User Voice area and was not able to see an existing suggestion for this.

This does, however, sound like a great idea to make Octopus even better!

I've included below a link to our User Voice area, feel free to leave your vote and thoughts it would be valuable to get your insight on how this would help your deployment process, the User Voice area is our main avenue when considering new features/enhancements like this based on community support.

If I've misunderstood in any way or if you require any additional information please let me know :)

Have a great day!

Kind Regards,

Reece

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac