Octopus - Listening tentacles - change TCP port

lucio.falco

09 Jan, 2018 10:56 AM

Hello,
we have a licensed Octopus with 30 tentacles in production all of them listening on the default port 10933.
We have to change the TCP port to the 443 (or the 80) and I have few questions:
1) Can I keep the tentacles in listening mode if I want to use the 443 TCP port or I should change them to be polling tentacles?
2) Re-installing the tentacles (and changing the default port) is enough or I have to change something else in the Octopus server configuration (and where)?
3) Do I have to re-install the Octopus server and change there the communication TCP port? (hopefully no..)
Thank you for your answers and your help in advance,

Best regards.
Lucio

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Mark Rydstrom on 10 Jan, 2018 12:02 AM

Hi Lucio,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you want to use 443 that will work fine in listening mode. As you say you need to run the tentacle manager app, remove the current tentacle and re-add with the new port, you then need to edit that deployment target in the Octopus Server and change it's address to include the new port so that Octopus knows to open the connection with that port. (You can find this in Infrastructure -> Deployment Targets, then open the target and edit the Tentacle URL in Octopus 4, in Octopus 3 go the the Environment page then pick a machine).

Regardless of which port you connect through Octopus still uses SSL to secure all communications.

Regards,
    Mark

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac