4.1.7 Override the set PackagesDirectory path?

Harald Sømnes Hanssen

09 Jan, 2018 08:29 AM

Hi.
I noticed that the package repository for Octopus Deploy is set by default to C:\Octopus\Packages and I've not found a single setting which allows me to override the path. I looked in the OctopusServer.config, but the packagesdirectory is not mentioned there
We prefer having a separate partition for Octopus Deploy (ie D:), so we can avoid having Octopus and the OS to compete for disk space.

The url /app#/configuration/settings/server-folders points to an overview, with a save button that cannot be used.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Kenneth Bates on 09 Jan, 2018 11:57 PM

Hi Harald,

Thanks for getting in touch! We have a section in our documentation around moving the built-in package repository directory here.
    https://octopus.com/docs/administration/server-configuration-and-fi...

This includes a PowerShell script to stop the server, change the directory, and restart the server (to re-index the packages).

I hope this helps! Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions. :)

Best regards,

Kenny

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• PackagesDirectory.PNG 48.4 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac