Read Only Ops DashBoard

Chandler

08 Jan, 2018 10:36 PM

Does something exist that displays a read only version of the dashboard with relative information? Maybe current tasks? failed tasks? failed deploys? Something we can stick in a monitor at a glance?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by John Simons on 09 Jan, 2018 01:55 AM

Hi,

I can see 2 different options:
    - Use the guest option (which is readonly for everything) - Or create a view only role (a role with only View permissions, and you can fine tune it)

Would any of these work?

Cheers
    John

2. 2 Posted by Chandler on 09 Jan, 2018 02:25 PM

The guest option would work, but maybe something with a little more customization. Again an 'at a glance' dashboard, with less interaction. Something that can get tossed into a monitor for all to see at a glance the status of Octopus, its deployments, maybe its infrastructure status, etc... Some dashboard screenshots attached.

3. 3 Posted by Chandler on 09 Jan, 2018 08:59 PM

Something with a more at a glace dashboard look is what I had in mind. Zero touching once it gets in a monitor.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by John Simons on 09 Jan, 2018 10:52 PM

Hi,

Unfortunately, we don't have a dashboard view that is ideal for what you looking for.
    The only thing I can suggest is for you to create an idea in our user voice and lets see if it gets much traction from other users - https://octopusdeploy.uservoice.com
    Also look at existing ideas posted by other users, it may already been suggested - https://octopusdeploy.uservoice.com/search?filter=ideas&query=d...

Cheers
    John

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac