Octopus Config File entries

DJ

15 Nov, 2017 01:01 AM

Hi There ,
I have 3 config files and there are lot of unwanted entries in the config files . But I want these entries when I am running locally , however when I deploy to different environments I want to delete few keys ,after I replace the entries from variables . Is this possible ?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Kenneth Bates on 16 Nov, 2017 12:45 AM

Hi DJ,

Thanks for getting in touch! This is definitely possible with Octopus. You can modify your config files per environment (and avoid breaking your config files locally) by enabling the configuration transforms feature in your package step. You can also use different transform files per environment. For example, if your environment name is Dev and you have a config transform file named web.Dev.config (and so on for subsequent environments), you can define web.#{Octopus.Environment.Name}.config => Web.config.

You can refer to more details with some examples in our documentation.
    https://octopus.com/docs/deploying-applications/configuration-files...

Configuration transformations will be performed after your variables are substituted, and you can refer to our documentation page on package deployment feature ordering for the full list of what is done when. :)
    https://octopus.com/docs/reference/package-deployment-feature-ordering

Let me know how you go and if you have any further questions!

Best regards,

Kenny

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac