How to add add Bindings for new Website that has no associated assets?

pnolan

14 Nov, 2017 09:16 AM

Hi,

I need to create a new Website that is not associated with any assets being deployed.

This website will then be used as the Parent Website for several packages I'm deploying using the "Deploy to IIS" Step.

However, the "IIS Website - Create" Step does not allow aspects like Bindings to be configured.

Is there a step for creating a parent website (with no assets) where aspects like bindings can be configured?

Sample screenshot is attached. e5 Services is the parent website.

Thanks heaps!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Kenneth Bates on 14 Nov, 2017 11:28 PM

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately with the built-in Deploy to IIS step, it's not possible to create a site without deploying a package first. You can work around this by just deploying a dummy empty package in that step which will allow you to create the site and configure everything with it, like bindings.

There's an existing UserVoice suggestion to allow use of the IIS step without a package which could use some more votes.
    https://octopusdeploy.uservoice.com/forums/170787-general/suggestio...

Sorry it's not better news, but I hope this helps in some way!

Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions going forward. :)

Best regards,

Kenny

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• website.png 5.37 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac