HTTP Redirect

Dale Schroeder

30 Oct, 2017 07:18 PM

I am trying to set a redirect for http to https using octopus. How to I set the iis -> SiteRedirect -> HTTP redirect -> https:\\url.com

I can easly do this in iis but I want octopus do it.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daniel Fischer on 31 Oct, 2017 01:04 AM

Hi Dale,

Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately this is not something built into our steps. There are a couple of options for automating this though. I think the best way to integrate this into your deployment would be to take advantage of your configuration file. This documentation page has some instructions on how you can do this.

The other option would be to write and use a Custom Script in your deployment to handle this.

If you have any questions here or run into any issues, please feel free to let me know. :)

Best regards,
    Daniel

2. 2 Posted by Dale Schroeder on 31 Oct, 2017 08:41 PM

Used a custome powershell script. Good to go.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daniel Fischer on 01 Nov, 2017 02:10 AM

Hi Dale,

Thanks for the update! Feel free to get in touch any time. :)

Best regards,
    Daniel

4. 4 Posted by Richard Simpson on 07 Feb, 2018 11:33 AM

Hi Dale Schroeder

Any chance you'd be able to share that script?

Thanks.

5. 5 Posted by Dale Schroeder on 02 Mar, 2018 04:45 PM

I have been running with the database script just fine on our dev boxes. When we deploy to our prod box we are getting this error. The app server and database are two different servers. I have add the powershell addons to both sql box and app box and I still get this error. Any direction on how to fix it.

invoke-sqlcmd : The term 'invoke-sqlcmd' is not recognized as the name of a
    March 2nd 2018 09:31:59
    Error
    cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the
    Error
    name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
    Error
    At C:\Octopus\Work\20180302163155-16683-171\Script.ps1:17 char:6

Thank you,

Dale Schroeder
    [email blocked]

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Daniel Fischer on 05 Mar, 2018 04:12 AM

Hi Dale,

I may need some further information here, but there are things you can check before that.

The account you run the Tentacle service as will be the account executing scripts from Octopus. Often when we see this kind of issue the service account does not have the required permissions/access to perform all of the aspects of the deployment/script.

Would you be able to confirm the service account is able to run this script manually without Octopus involved?

If the script works fine manually then I'll need to get some more information on the error. Could you provide a full deployment log in this case? If you do not wish to post it publicly, you are able to send it directly to support(at)octopus(dot)com and mention my name.

Let me know how you go. :)

Best regards,
    Daniel

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Untitled.png 14.4 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac