Octo on Ubuntu crashes

Chris Hudson

13 Oct, 2017 11:30 AM

Hi, I have extracted the Octo tool on Ubuntu 16.04 but when I use it to push a package it crashes with unable to load dll message.

I have chown'd all the files in the octo directory and the perms are all set to 777 anyway, you can see it starts up just fine.

This is the cmd and output, any pointers hugely appreciated.
+ /var/lib/octo/Octo push --package core_networks-faadd94.zip --replace-existing --server http://octopusdeploy.worldremit.com --apiKey ****
Octopus Deploy Command Line Tool, version 4.24.1

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Net.Http.CurlHandler' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Http' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'HttpInitializer' threw an exception. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'System.Net.Http.Native': The specified module or one of its dependencies could not be found.
 (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
   at Interop.Http.GetSslVersionDescription()
   at Interop.HttpInitializer..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Interop.Http..cctor()
   at Interop.Http.GetSupportedFeatures()
   at System.Net.Http.CurlHandler..cctor()
   at System.Net.Http.CurlHandler..ctor()
   at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler..ctor()
   at Octopus.Client.OctopusAsyncClient..ctor(OctopusServerEndpoint serverEndpoint, OctopusClientOptions options, Boolean addCertificateCallback) in Z:\buildAgent\workDir\52d4a5804c7de8e\source\Octopus.Client\OctopusAsyncClient.cs:line 45
   at Octopus.Client.OctopusAsyncClient.<Create>d__12.MoveNext() in Z:\buildAgent\workDir\52d4a5804c7de8e\source\Octopus.Client\OctopusAsyncClient.cs:line 131
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Octopus.Client.OctopusAsyncClient.<Create>d__11.MoveNext() in Z:\buildAgent\workDir\52d4a5804c7de8e\source\Octopus.Client\OctopusAsyncClient.cs:line 116
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Octopus.Cli.Commands.ApiCommand.<Execute>d__31.MoveNext() in Z:\buildAgent\workDir\52d4a5804c7de8e\source\Octo\Commands\ApiCommand.cs:line 97
   at Octopus.Cli.Program.Run(String[] args) in Z:\buildAgent\workDir\52d4a5804c7de8e\source\Octo\Program.cs:line 47
Exit code: -3

1. 1 Posted by Chris Hudson on 13 Oct, 2017 11:31 AM

Can someone change the title please? I don't seem to have access to do that. :( Curse my fat fingers.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Robert Wagner on 16 Oct, 2017 10:46 AM

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Could you please check you have the prerequisites as described on this website installed?

Also, please try the version listed on this page.

Please let me know how you go,

Robert W

3. 3 Posted by Chris Hudson on 18 Oct, 2017 04:46 AM

Thanks for the response. In the end I actually found one of your api example codes using Ruby and I built on that to create my own CLI tool to create releases and deploy.
    My build tool is in ruby anyway so now I don't need to shell out. Happy days. :)
    It's great that all functionality is available on the api.

Chris

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

Sent: Friday, October 13, 2017 12:32:47 PM
    To: Chris Hudson
    Subject: Octo on Ubunto crashes [questions #14021]

Hello Chris Hudson!

Thanks for reaching out! We've received your request, and we'll do our best to respond as soon as we can, usually within 24 hours.

We'll send an email to you (at [email blocked]) when we update your support request.

Alternatively, you can keep track of this conversation online<https://help.octopusdeploy.com/discussions/questions/14021-octo-on-ubunto-crashes>.

Thanks again!

PS: Our team is located in Brisbane, Australia, and we usually respond between 9am and 5pm on weekdays Brisbane time. You can see what time it is for us here:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/australia/brisbane<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/australia/brisbane>

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac