Fail a release when "no machines were found for the tenant..."

fatmanmclone90

08 Aug, 2017 02:17 PM

Hi

We deploy across a number of tenants and have found that if we have forgotten to setup a machine in the tenant with a role, a release is still marked successful even though a step in the process reports:

"Skipping this step as no machines were found for the tenant <tenant> in the role: <role>"

The step in the process is vital for the operation of the software, so I want this configuration error to be considered a deployment failure. Is there a way to mark a step as mandatory? Such that if its skipped its an automatic fail

Thanks

Chris

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Michael Richard... on 09 Aug, 2017 05:10 AM

Hi Chris,

I believe I understand your scenario. It is currently not possible to mark a step as mandatory.

I would encourage you to create a UserVoice suggestion for this feature.

One way I can think to achieve the desired result would be to set an output variable in the step you wish to be mandatory, and check that the variable has been set in a subsequent step that is not scoped to any roles\tenants (so it will always run). At that point you can either fail the deployment or log a warning if the output variable has not been set.

Do you think that could work for your scenario?

I hope that helps,
    Michael

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac