Roslyn compiler is being copied to the wrong folder

NyronW

08 Aug, 2017 11:53 AM

Good day everyone,
  I am using the octo.exe cli tool as part of a build pipeline that I am implementing for a project that i am working on to learn Dev Ops. The project consists of an asp.net web app and a console application that will be deployed as a windows service using top shelf. The web project uses the roslyn compiler; When I package the web application the csc.ex and its related files are cpoied in the root of the bin directry as well as in the roslyn folder that's location in the bin directory. Using the octopack nuget package seems to put the roslyn files in thew correct location (only in the roslyn folder), however some dependencies (class libraries) are not included in the out put.

Can someone provide some guidance on how I can resole the issue (preferably using the octo.exe cli).

Thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Shannon Lewis on 09 Aug, 2017 05:47 AM

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch. I think this would be a scenario where you would have to stage the build output into a folder with the correct content and structure, and then run octo.exe against that folder.

Could you provide any more detail in the way of a build log or sample project or anything? Octo.exe should simply be zipping the folder you point it too, so I'm just trying to work out which piece is causing the csc.exe to be copied into 2 places.

Regards
    Shannon

2. 2 Posted by NyronW on 11 Aug, 2017 10:15 PM

I think you're correct, I am outputting the application to a specific folder and the csc.exe is indeed copied to both the root of the bin folder and the Roslyn folder in the bin. Not sure why that's happening.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac