Support for Azure Web Sites

david.ebbo

03 Jul, 2013 01:39 AM

Do you have any plans to supporting Azure Web Sites? Those can be deployed to using WebDeploy, FTP, and git. For Octopus, WebDeploy would probably be the best candidate.

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 30 Posted by mchlsync on 09 Aug, 2014 04:08 PM

I totally agreed with Brian Vallelunga. I dont think it has to be that complicated. Why can't we just have a nuget package name that we want to deploy and other info that required by MS deploy? The only thing that is missing in that new template is that the package information instead of "#{WebDeployPackageStepName}" .. If you look at the FTP template, there is a section where you can specify the nuget link and package name. It would be helpful if this section includes in new template for MS deploy.

2. 31 Posted by Brian Vallelung... on 16 Aug, 2014 02:22 AM

I did get this working by having two steps as was suggested. mchlsync has a point though that this a bit more complicated than it should be. The things that don't seem simple to me are:

1) Why do we need a tentacle to deploy to Azure or to FTP files?
    2) Why do some steps such as the FTP template directly work on the package, but others, such as MS Deploy only work on a previously extracted packages?

To address #2, it would be great if library scripts could choose to "inherit" from the master package deployment step. In this way all of the standard options would be there and the script would then be free to gather additional data and perform additional actions needed, such as calling MS Deploy.

3. Paul Stovell closed this discussion on 04 Jan, 2017 07:11 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac