Is it possible to override deployment status?

dave.ellis

15 May, 2017 10:45 AM

Hi

I have a deployment in Octopus that has failed to deploy to a particular environment, and I would like to override the "failed" status to say the that deployment has actually succeeded. Is there any way to do this?

At the moment I'm not really sure what the reason is for the failure, but i have managed to run the deployment manually on the test server (we needed the build deployed urgently so i didn't have time to troubleshoot the issue with deploying through Octopus and just had to run the deployment manually to save time).

I don't see any options to be able to override the status, but i'm just wondering if there is anything hidden in Octopus that i could use to override the status?

Thanks for any input anyone can give on this.

Cheers,
Dave

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Vanessa Love on 16 May, 2017 01:47 PM

Hi Dave,

Thanks for getting in touch! As of 3.13 we have a new feature to allow you to change the task status: https://octopus.com/blog/octopus-release-3-13#modify-task-state
    I am having trouble finding the documentation page, but on the task page there is an Edit State button. See my screenshot.

Hope that helps!
    Vanessa

2. 2 Posted by dave.ellis on 16 May, 2017 02:00 PM

Hi Vanessa,

Thanks for your reply, that's exactly what I was looking for!

I guess if i'd had our system updated to the latest version of Octopus I wouldn't have needed to ask that question, time to go and upgrade! :)

Thanks again
    Dave

3. 3 Posted by dave.ellis on 16 May, 2017 02:49 PM

Hi Vanessa,

I've just updated our Octopus server to 3.13.3 and for a deployment that previously failed (which was deployed using 3.7.16) I don't see the Edit State button.

Would i be right in assuming that the deployment has to have been run (and failed) from 3.13 in order for the Edit State button to appear?

Thanks,
    Dave

4. 4 Posted by dave.ellis on 16 May, 2017 03:33 PM

Ignore my last comment, I've just updated the tentacles to the latest version to match the Octopus server version and I can now see the Edit State button for deployments that previously failed on an older version of Octopus :)

Cheers,
    Dave

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Vanessa Love on 16 May, 2017 10:52 PM

Hi Dave,

It was probably just caching, a hard refresh on the browser next time you cannot see a new feature after upgrading would do it :)

Vanessa

6. dave.ellis closed this discussion on 25 May, 2017 01:58 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac