can i make the notes as mandatory in the manual intervention step

mansarik

08 Jan, 2017 08:54 PM

Hi Everyone

I am trying to make the notes as mandatory in the manual intervention step and need to add a step where they can attach file (mandatory)

Let me know, is there a way to do it.

Thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Matt Richardson on 08 Jan, 2017 10:56 PM

Hi there

Thanks for reaching out!

Its not possible to make the notes field mandatory. If it was possible to make it mandatory, people could just type a . into the field, and then you'd have the same issue of incorrect data. I'd recommend you approach this as a communication issue and if people are not entering the correct data, talk to them.

You could also use the api in a subsequent step to check that they have entered valid data in the previous step, and fail the build if they haven't.

As for attaching a file, you can attach a file from within a build process, but you cannot attach one directly from the Octopus UI. Can you explain a bit more what you're trying to do?

Thanks,
    Matt

2. 2 Posted by mansarik on 09 Jan, 2017 01:28 AM

Hi Matt

Thanks for your quick response,
    Regarding the file attachment .whenever someone approve the request, they will be attaching a sign off document. need to know how i can i add that step and what variable is that file stored in.

Thanks
    Khalid

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Matt Richardson on 09 Jan, 2017 01:57 AM

Hi Khalid

Unfortunately there is no way of attaching a document like this.

You might have to do something like get them to paste a link into the notes field to an external system that holds the files.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
    Matt

4. Matt Richardson closed this discussion on 09 Jan, 2017 01:57 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac