Visual Bug word wrap splits words in project name in 2018.2.8, introduced in 2018.2.4 I think

Brandon Maas

06 Mar, 2018 06:43 PM

Visual Bug word wrap splits words in project name in 2018.2.8, introduced in 2018.2.4 I think, displayed in picture, sorry for the customer name blackout.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tom Peters on 07 Mar, 2018 01:21 AM

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We've been making various changes to the dashboard recently, including changing the way that we wrap project names in the first column. Unfortunately, there are a number of trade-offs involved with this design, and if we were to change the way that these words are wrapped, it would cause issues for other users of Octopus. I'm sorry, and understand that this is not ideal.

We've learned that everyone has different expectations for how the dashboard should behave, and have come to realise that the only way to make everyone happy is to take a step back and re-think the dashboard from scratch. We have an issue here where we are currently recording some ideas and problems with the current dashboard to help us with its eventual redesign. Feel free to add any comments to that issue, and to use it to track our progress.

Regards,
    Tom

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• octobug.png 105 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac