Octopus 3.2.4 Export crush

23 Feb, 2018 02:54 PM

Hi guys,

I plan to migrate my octopus from 3.2.4 to other 3.2.4 and then upgrade it on destination server to 2018.2 version.
I tried to export data from my default instance on source 3.2.4 an received an error below. Please take a look. how it can be fixed. If it cannot be fixed, please provide an advice, how to avoid this issue and perform successful data migration.
Thanks in advance.

2018-02-23 15:42:54.9139 1 INFO Created D:\temp_export\Projects\TheSUB - PROJECT1\TheSUB - PROJECT1.json
2018-02-23 15:42:59.0702 1 ERROR ===============================================================================
2018-02-23 15:42:59.0702 1 FATAL Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Octopus.Shared.Util.OctopusPhysicalFileSystem.EqualHash(Stream first, Stream second) in Y:\work\refs\tags\3.2.4\source\Octopus.Shared\Util\OctopusPhysicalFileSystem.cs:line 508
   at Octopus.Shared.Util.OctopusPhysicalFileSystem.Replace(String oldFilePath, Stream newStream, Int32 overwriteFileRetryAttempts) in Y:\work\refs\tags\3.2.4\source\Octopus.Shared\Util\OctopusPhysicalFileSystem.cs:line 494
   at Octopus.Migrator.ExportProcess.ExportController.ExportAttachments(IId obj) in Y:\work\refs\tags\3.2.4\source\Octopus.Migrator\ExportProcess\ExportController.cs:line 488
   at Octopus.Migrator.ExportProcess.ExportController.WriteFile(String directory, String filename, IId obj) in Y:\work\refs\tags\3.2.4\source\Octopus.Migrator\ExportProcess\ExportController.cs:line 450
   at Octopus.Migrator.ExportProcess.ExportController.WriteProjects(ExportContext context) in Y:\work\refs\tags\3.2.4\source\Octopus.Migrator\ExportProcess\ExportController.cs:line 310
   at Octopus.Migrator.ExportProcess.ExportController.Export() in Y:\work\refs\tags\3.2.4\source\Octopus.Migrator\ExportProcess\ExportController.cs:line 92
   at Octopus.Shared.Startup.AbstractCommand.Octopus.Shared.Startup.ICommand.Start(String[] commandLineArguments, ICommandRuntime commandRuntime, OptionSet commonOptions) in Y:\work\refs\tags\3.2.4\source\Octopus.Shared\Startup\AbstractCommand.cs:line 58
   at Octopus.Shared.Startup.ConsoleHost.Run(Action`1 start, Action shutdown) in Y:\work\refs\tags\3.2.4\source\Octopus.Shared\Startup\ConsoleHost.cs:line 72
   at Octopus.Shared.Startup.OctopusProgram.Run() in Y:\work\refs\tags\3.2.4\source\Octopus.Shared\Startup\OctopusProgram.cs:line 87

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Shane Gill on 26 Feb, 2018 12:13 AM

Thanks for getting in touch.

This issue was fixed in version 3.2.15: https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/2249

I would suggestion upgrading your current instance to at least 3.2.15 and then trying the migration again.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac