Unable to continue deploying from a release page

Roger

08 Feb, 2018 05:00 PM

When I deploy a release to our Test environment I used to be able to click a button "Promote to UAT" so I can continue deploying the release to the next environment.

Now that button is gone and I need to jump through hoops to deploy to UAT.

Could that button please be re-added?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Pawel Pabich on 09 Feb, 2018 04:06 AM

Hi Roger,

Thanks for getting in touch! What version of Octopus are you on? I just checked the latest version and you can deploy directly from the task log to the next environment. Have a look at the attached screenshot.

Regards,

Pawel

2. 2 Posted by Roger21 on 18 Feb, 2018 10:38 PM

Hi Pawel,

Sorry for the late reply but I came across the issue again today.

It's on the release screen. So if you click on the dashboard on a release before it would give you an option to re-deploy or continue deploying (even when the version in the next environment is the same as the previous environment).

We would sometimes re-deploy a package but now that's quite hard to do.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Pawel Pabich on 19 Feb, 2018 10:14 PM

Hi Roger,

That's not a problem. Can you take a screenshot of a screen in the old portal (you can still access it by appending /oldportal to the main url, e.g. https://demo.octopus.com/oldportal where we show the Re-deploy action. I'm struggling to find it.

Also, I'm not sure whether you've noticed but we have now an overflow menu (three vertical dots, check the screenshot for details) on the task details page. There is an action there called Deploy To. Would that be something that can help you here?

Regards,

Pawel

4. 4 Posted by Roger21 on 19 Feb, 2018 10:21 PM

Hi Pawel,

I made a short video: https://yesman_85-ymail.tinytake.com/sf/MjM3MTYxOF83MjE5Nzkx

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Pawel Pabich on 19 Feb, 2018 10:32 PM

Thanks for that. I just realised that we fixed a bug in this area in yesterday release (https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/4131). Can you upgrade to the latest version and see whether you still experience this problem?

Regards,

Pawel

6. 6 Posted by Roger21 on 20 Feb, 2018 02:15 PM

Hi Pawel,

I installed the new version now and it has the 3 dots menu yes.

Thanks!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• download.jpg 5.55 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac