We are trying to deploy using Octopus over the internet. It works for a server in the same VNET, but we can't make it work for a server in a different VNET

kundan1110

08 Feb, 2018 03:18 PM

We are trying to deploy using Octopus over the internet. It works for a server in the same VNET, but we can't make it work for a server in a different VNET

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Lawrence Wilson on 09 Feb, 2018 06:35 AM

Hey, Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues deploying Octopus over the internet.

In this case, are you seeing issues deploying an Octopus Tentacle over the internet? We have two kinds of Tentacles for you to choose from, listening and Polling. If you are deploying a listening Tentacle, please feel free to check out our documentation on troubleshooting listening tentacles. Typically a couple of issues that arise when deploying over the internet are Firewall rules blocking traffic which our documentation will explain.

In some cases, Polling Tentacles are required, especially where access to configuring firewall's TCP Ports is not an option. If this applies to your case, please feel free to check out our documentation on Polling Tentacles

I look forward to hearing how you go with this, and if you run in to any troubles I'm here to help!

Kind regards,
    Lawrence.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac