tentacle installation

abhibadd

25 Jan, 2018 07:02 PM

Hi, tentacle got successfully installed in AWS 2012 r2 machine but on server page it says:
The client was unable to establish the initial connection within 00:01:00 The client was unable to establish the initial connection within 00:01:00

Note:
i am installing in listening mode

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Lawrence Wilson on 30 Jan, 2018 10:59 PM

Hello,
    Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues connecting to a newly installed listening tentacle. To troubleshoot this issue further can I please get you to perform some additional troubleshooting steps?

Firstly, from your Octopus Server, can you please get the Tentacle URL that Octopus is using to communicate with the Tentacle? Typically, it's using TCP Port 10933. If you can login to the Octopus Server, you can open a web browser and navigate to the Tentacle's URL, eg: https://TentaleIPorHostname:10933. With this Test, I'm interested to see if you get a web page response back from the Tentacle.

If the connection times out or you don't see the page: Octopus Tentacle configured successfully, Can i please get you to ensure your Octopus server has end-to-end network connectivity with the tentacle? For more information on troubleshooting the Tentacle communication, for more information on troubleshooting tentacles, please check out or documentation on Tentacle Troubleshooting

Kind regards,
    Lawrence

2. 2 Posted by abhibadd on 25 Feb, 2018 02:58 PM

Hi Lawrence,
    Thanks for reply, port is not opened in the server, after opening problem got resolved.
    thanks you!!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Lawrence Wilson on 02 Mar, 2018 04:54 AM

Hi,
    Thanks for keeping in touch! I'm glad to hear that you have fixed this problem!

Happy Deployments!

Kind Regards,
    Lawrence.

4. 4 Posted by CrazyCoder on 08 Aug, 2018 03:52 PM

Hey, I have the exact same issue and I was trying to follow the steps which you mentioned.

Can i please get you to ensure your Octopus server has end-to-end network connectivity with the tentacle? For more information on troubleshooting the Tentacle communication, for more information on troubleshooting tentacles, please check out or documentation on Tentacle Troubleshooting

The link isn't opening. And also can you tell me what do you mean by end-end network connectivity.

Thanks

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac