Bug: Including a Library Variable Set Could remove all of them

kshanafelt

17 Jan, 2018 12:19 AM

What Happens:
In a project that already has Library Variable Sets included, if you click the "Include Library Variable Sets" button before the variable sets finish rendering all the the variable Sets' checkboxes will be unchecked, including the ones already included. Hitting Save will then remove them.

Expected:
When the "Include Library Variable Sets" button is clicked already included variable sets should be clicked. And you should not be able to click save until this is the case.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Reece Walsh on 18 Jan, 2018 04:40 AM

Hi Kshanafelt,

Thanks for getting in touch, I greatly appreciate you including your replication steps, it really helps out!

I'm sorry to hear you experienced this issue, I understand this behavior can be frustrating.

I've tried to replicate this same issue in my environment without experiencing the same issue, would you be able to provide some additional information based on the below queries to assist with this?

1) Which version of Octopus are you currently utilizing?

2) How many Libary Variable Sets do you currently have?

3) Are you able to include a gif of this behavior?

4) Which browser are you currently using?

Once I've been able to reproduce this behavior I'll create a Github issue which I'll link here so you are able to keep up to date with the progress of this :)

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this.

Kind Regards,

Reece

2. 2 Posted by Fernando Vera on 22 Jan, 2018 09:39 AM

Hi

We have encountered the same bug.The info you resquested is:

- Octopus version 4.1.8.
      - The project has 41 variable sets
      - I attach an image of a variable set included in the project but not checked on the "include variable set" menu.
      - We reproduce it with chrome and firefox.

Regards

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Reece Walsh on 23 Jan, 2018 05:28 AM

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for getting in touch,

I greatly appreciate you including this information, it really helps out!

I've been able to replicate this issue on my end using this information, I've created a Github issue for this here

You can keep up to date with the progress of this at the aforementioned link.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused, as a result, your patience and understanding in this matter are greatly appreciated.

If you require any further assistance or clarification please let me know :)

Kind Regards,

Reece

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac