Dynamic Package feed using tenant name

Glenn Gibson

09 Jan, 2018 11:25 AM

Hi! hope someone can help with this!

We are currently trying to create a deployment that is triggered from a TFS build, we can get this working when specifying a NuGet package feed in the package details section using the drop down list, however when we try to do it dynamically using the tenant name variable it fails with message:

"The version number for step 'deploy content' cannot be automatically resolved because the feed or package ID is dynamic."

The NuGet feed in Octopus is named Content.TenantName, in the project I have set the feed to be "Content.#{Octopus.Deployment.Tenant.Name}" and set the tenant name in TFS on step "Create Octopus Release".

I know the tenant name is being passed correctly as I have set a custom install directory with the same variable, d:\content\#{Octopus.Deployment.Tenant.Name}, and it deploys to the correct location.

I have even tried creating a variable called PackageFeed with the value set to the NuGet feed name and setting this in the project but still get the same error!

Is this expected behaviour or have I set the project up incorrectly?

Thanks!

1. 1 Posted by Glenn Gibson on 09 Jan, 2018 12:40 PM

Iv noticed that i need to be putting the feed ID rather than the feed name!

if i do the release through octopus using a prompted variable and type: "feeds-tenantname-content" it works fine, however if i try to pass the variable from TFS i get the same error as above!

in TFS under "Additional Octo.exe Arguments" im putting:

--variable "Package Feed ID:feeds-tenantname-content"

is this the correct syntax?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Kenneth Bates on 11 Jan, 2018 11:29 PM

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for getting in touch! I just wanted to reach out here to note that I've replied to your emails, and to confirm if you've gotten this working as expected. :)

Let me know how you go, and don't hesitate to reach out again if there's anything further we can help with here!

Best regards,

Kenny

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac