Project Variable Templates: Drop down control with variable backing values

Bob Ahlrichs

05 Jan, 2018 09:50 PM

Octopus v4.1.1

When using a Project Variable Template Dropdown control type, if the backing value of a dropdown option is a variable reference, after you select the option on a Tenant's variable entry screen and Save, the control changes to a text input with the variable reference; the dropdown control type with the selected value displayed is gone unless you unbind the variable and select a new value.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Kenneth Bates on 08 Jan, 2018 06:06 AM

Hi Bob,

Thanks for getting in touch and taking the time to report these issues. Unfortunately this is the one that I was unable to reproduce in my testing. Would you be able to perhaps provide a screen recording of you reproducing it in your scenario? That would be much appreciated so we can more accurately test this behavior.

I look forward to hearing back!

Best regards,

Kenny

2. 2 Posted by Bob Ahlrichs on 17 Jan, 2018 07:29 PM

Kenny,

Sorry it took awhile to get back to you, hopefully this helps

thanks again
    Bob

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Kenneth Bates on 18 Jan, 2018 12:56 AM

Hi Bob,

That's not a problem! Thanks for following up and providing that additional information, it really helped out. I was able to reproduce this as you've shown, and I've added this into an existing issue around tenant variables. You can track that issue here.
    https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/4149

Thanks again for taking the time to report this and assisting us with that information. I'm sorry about the confusion and annoyance caused by this. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns going forward. :)

Best regards,

Kenny

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• DropdownBackingValue.docx 73.5 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac