Checkbox Variable Template: Default of true not displayed on Tenant variable entry screen

Bob Ahlrichs

05 Jan, 2018 08:18 PM

Octopus v4.1.1

When you set up a Project Variable Template to be a Checkbox control with a default value of "true," when it appears on a Tenant's variable entry screen the box is not checked to indicate that the default value is true. If you deploy it appears the value is indeed true even though the UI is wrong. I've tried default values of "true" and "True" and the result is the same. I've also tried "yes" and "1" and those don't even render as a checkbox control, so we backed off of that quickly. Working around it by using a Single-line text control with a default value of "true" so that it's not deceptive.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Kenneth Bates on 08 Jan, 2018 06:05 AM

Hi Bob,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm just letting you know here that I've reproduced this issue, which is included in the aforementioned issue that you can track here.
    https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/4149

Best regards,

Kenny

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• CheckboxTrue.docx 61.8 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac