Tenant Variable: Value Required error not displaying for Sensitive/password box control type

Bob Ahlrichs

05 Jan, 2018 07:20 PM

Octopus v4.1.1

On a project create a Project variable template with a control type = 'Sensitive/password box' with no default value.
Connect this project to a Tenant.
On the Tenant's variable entry screen, no error tile is displayed for the required Sensitive/password box. (other variables that are required do display with an error indicating the value is required for deployment).
Expected an error message to be displayed indicating the variable is required.
NOTE: While trying to start a deployment it will error and tell you the variable name when attempting to deploy, which is good, but I would expect to catch this sooner by visually flagging it on the field level to know what field is missing a value

Also interesting: On a Tenant's variable entry screen, for the Sensitive/password box variable template control type, if you click the Remove button/trash can to remove the field value and Save changes, the control goes back to looking like it still has a value.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Kenneth Bates on 08 Jan, 2018 06:05 AM

Hi Bob,

Thanks for getting in touch! We appreciate you taking the time to report these issues which you've experienced, and I'm terribly sorry about the confusion and annoyance caused by them.

After some testing and reproducing these issues, I've raised the following issue to get these further looked into. Feel free to track that here.
    https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/4149

Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions going forward!

Best regards,

Kenny

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Project_Variable_Template.docx 134 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac