OctopusSuppressDuplicateVariableWarning not suppressing warning!

gavin.burke

05 Jan, 2018 09:54 AM

I am on Octopus server 3.17.14 and having issues with the feature introduced about warning about having a variable name in a step template the same as project variable

I have added OctopusSuppressDuplicateVariableWarning as a variable in my project, scoped to nothing (so applies to every environment, step etc.) with a value of true and it is not suppressing warning, every deployment is still deploying with warnings - how do I stop this happening?

09:18:32   Warning  |       You have defined variables either on this project or in a variable set used by this project that override the values entered in the setup of this step. The most likely cause is that you are using a step template that has variables with the same name in its definition. We recommend either adding a prefix to your step template variables, or changing the names of the variables on your project. The conflicting variables are 'DeploymentId, WebAppConnection'. For more information, see https://g.octopushq.com/UserVariablesOverridingStepVariables.
                    |       To log this warning as verbose instead, add the 'OctopusSuppressDuplicateVariableWarning' variable to your project with a value of 'true'.

I have checked the release page, expanded the Show Variables and it is definitely listed there:

OctopusSuppressDuplicateVariableWarning
true
  1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Shane Gill on 08 Jan, 2018 10:50 AM

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I double checked OctopusSuppressDuplicateVariableWarning and it appears to be working. Could you please send a raw deployment log with the variable "OctopusPrintEvaluatedVariables" set to "true".

Thanks,
    Shane

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac