Infrastructure Overview doesn't correctly flow Tag Sets from Associated Tenants

Luke, Kirsty

03 Jan, 2018 02:21 PM

I have 100+ machines that are geographical distributed throughout the country, with one machine per site.

Each site has its own Tenant configured for it so that we have a clear view of which version of our application has been deployed to each site. The Tenant is linked to the machine through the Associated Tenants property of the Deployment Target.

To simplify deployments, and to match our internal accounting structure, each site's Tenant is tagged with a Tenant Tag for the Region of the country they are in.

This works great - we can see the current version of the application at each individual site, and can deploy either by site or by region, according to business need.

However, when viewing the Infrastructure Overview, it tells us that there are 0 deployment targets in each Tenant Tag Set. This is not true! Each Deployment Target is explicitly linked to a Tenant (rather than a Tenant Tag) which itself has the Tenant Tag configured. I would expect - and want - Octopus to be able to transitively follow the Deployment Target -> Tenant relationship so that I can manage the Deployment Targets in a particular Tag.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Kenneth Bates on 04 Jan, 2018 06:52 AM

Hi Kirsty,

Thanks for getting in touch and taking the time to nicely outline this issue and what you're expecting (it really helped!). I've been able to reproduce the same behavior, and after some discussion with my team, it looks like this is not the behavior we intended. I've raised this issue, which you can track at the following link.
    https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/4143

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions going forward. :)

Best regards,

Kenny

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Octopus_Issue.jpg 97.8 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac