error while trying to update template

Itay Shoshan

02 Jan, 2018 03:37 PM

hi,
I am trying to update a custom step template and i am getting this error,

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
System.NullReferenceException
   at Octopus.Shared.Util.OctopusPhysicalFileSystem.Replace(String oldFilePath, Stream newStream, Int32 overwriteFileRetryAttempts)
   at Octopus.Server.Web.Api.Rules.StoreCurrentActionTemplate.Run(ActionTemplate actionTemplate, IRelationalTransaction transaction, IAttachmentStore attachmentStore)
   at Octopus.Server.Web.Infrastructure.Api.Responder`1.ExecuteRules[TRule](Action`2 ruleCallback)
   at Octopus.Server.Web.Infrastructure.Api.ModifyResponseDescriptor`2.Responder.Execute()
   at Octopus.Server.Web.Infrastructure.Api.Responder`1.ExecuteRegistered()
   at Octopus.Server.Web.Infrastructure.Api.Responder`1.Respond(TDescriptor options, NancyContext context)
   at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute3[T0,T1,T2,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2)
   at Octopus.Server.Web.Infrastructure.OctopusNancyModule.<>c__DisplayClass14_0.<get_Routes>b__1(Object x)
   at Nancy.Routing.Route.<>c__DisplayClass4.<Wrap>b__3(Object parameters, CancellationToken context)

This prevents me from update template which i commonly update, i think it is a high severity bug which and it should be fix.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Shane Gill on 03 Jan, 2018 03:23 AM

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch, I am sorry you have run into this problem.

I agree that this is a high severity bug, it will be fixed in the next release. Here is an issue you can track: https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/4136

Cheers,
    Shane

2. 2 Posted by Itay Shoshan on 07 Jan, 2018 02:40 PM

hello,
    what about that issue?
    you said it will be fixed in the next release and i upgraded to the new
    release and it didn't got fixed yet.
    we work a lot with step templates and this bug is doing a lot of mess in
    our infrastructure....

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Shane Gill on 08 Jan, 2018 10:48 AM

The bug is fixed in 4.1.8. Sorry, I missed the last release.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac