.net Core

bjin

08 Dec, 2017 12:39 AM

Hi there,

I am new for octopus. but this tool is so for so good. I am using OctoPack for packing my .net application and push the nuget pack to my octopus server, which is working very well, I like it. but I have one .net application, the OctoPack is not working. what alternative way can working on .net core application just like OctoPack does for normal .net applicatoin?

please help

Cheers
Jin

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dalmiro Grañas on 11 Dec, 2017 12:29 PM

Hi Jin,

Thanks for reaching out! For .NET core applications we recommend you to:

1) Compile your app using netcore publish and send the output to a specific folder using --output.

2) Once you have everything you want to pack from step (1), use Octo.exe pack to create a package out of the contents of that folder.

3) Finally use Octo.exe push to your package to the Octopus built-in repository, or Nuget.exe push to push it to other kind of 3rd party repository.

Hope that helps!
    Dalmiro

2. 2 Posted by bjin on 13 Dec, 2017 04:24 AM

Hi Dalmior,

Thanks for your reply. But Know I am stucked at how I can use the Octo.exe.
    I am redirected to the project folder at command prompt tool
    And use octo.exe pack --id =test,

But it is keeping saying octo.exe is not recognized…..
    I go to the download page https://octopus.com/downloads

But which one I should download? I am using window 10 64 bit, I had download .net core (zip) but no installation file?
    Please help

[cid:[email blocked]]Biao Jin
    Developer | LicenSys

P +61 7 3271 7550 | F +61 7 3271 7555
    [email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]> | www.licensys.com<http://www.licensys.com>

This e-mail message and any accompanying data may contain information that is confidential and subject to privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and/or data is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete all material you have incorrectly received.

LicenSys recommends you check the email contents for viruses or other defects prior to opening. LicenSys accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac