Guest Login

Amrit

05 Dec, 2017 05:01 PM

Hi

I'm using Octopus 4.0.9 and I'm trying to activate the guest login feature.

I tried following the steps in this link https://octopus.com/docs/administration/authentication-providers/guest-login but it doesn't work. There does appear to be an error but the window closes after about 0.1s rendering it almost impossible for me to read the message.

The exact command I use is the following

Octopus.Server.exe configure --instance=default --guestLoginEnabled=true

Any help would appreciated.

Thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daniel Fischer on 08 Dec, 2017 12:33 AM

Hi Amrit,

Thanks for getting in touch! It looks like the documentation page for enabling the guest account via the UI was not updated for 4.0. However, there is also a GitHub issue for a bug in 4.0 which is causing issues when enabling the Guest account via the UI. (Not entirely related to your problem as you are using the command line)

When using the Octopus.Server.exe command line, you do not need to specify --instance for the default instance. Could you try the command without the --instance flag and let me know the results? If the command is still erroring too fast for you to see, you could also try creating a .cmd file with the command in it, followed by a pause at the bottom of the command, to give you time to read/attach the error for us.

Let me know how you go, or if you have any further questions. :)

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
    Daniel

2. 2 Posted by Amrit on 08 Dec, 2017 04:58 AM

Hi Daniel

I removed the --instance part and it worked perfectly!

Thank you for the help.

Kind regards
    Amrit

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daniel Fischer on 08 Dec, 2017 05:02 AM

Hi Amrit,

No worries at all! Please feel free to get in touch if you have any further questions or need a hand. :)

Best regards,
    Daniel

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac