Failed tenant deployment stops other deployments

Terje

14 Nov, 2017 09:49 AM

We have many tenants in same project that are running different versions of software. We would like all of them to have their own "lifecycle", and not affect others.
Lets say we have Tenant A and B, with environments Test and Production. If we deploy v7.0 to tenant A and its success we can now deploy v7.0 in prod and everything is great. If we now want to redeploy same version in prod for tenant A that is no problem. Later we deploy v7.0 to Test for tenant B, and this one fails. I would now still expect us to be able to deploy v7.0 in prod for tenant A, since that one has a successful deployment in Test, but that is not the case. It seems like they share lifecycle, so if deployment fails in one environment for any tenants, it will hinder deployment for later stages for any other tenants.

We are at v3.16.2

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Kenneth Bates on 14 Nov, 2017 11:38 PM

Hi Terje,

Thanks for getting in touch! I'm sorry you're hitting this incorrect and annoying behavior. It looks like you're hitting a known bug as reported here.
    https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/3732

The good news is it seems to have been fixed in 4.0, which is currently available as a production ready release candidate here.
    https://octopus.com/downloads

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns going forward. :)

Best regards,

Kenny

2. 2 Posted by Terje on 15 Nov, 2017 07:59 AM

Thanks. Then I'll just just for 4.0 :)

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Kenneth Bates on 16 Nov, 2017 12:34 AM

Hi,

That sounds good! Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions going forward. :)

Kind regards,

Kenny

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac