Deploying a DACPAC to a SQL Server

rikard

13 Nov, 2017 10:02 AM

Hello,

I have the latest version of Octopus installed. I have also installed the community added step: "SQL - Deploy DACPAC".

This is what I have done:

I have created a package in Octopus that contains a DACPAC file.
I created a new project for this: "MyApplication.Database".
To the process for this project I have added the step: "SQL - Deploy DACPAC"

Now to my problem:
How do I reference my Octopus package in this step? ("SQL - Deploy DACPAC")
Normally I add the ID of the package to deploy. (see attached picture), but that is not possible in this step.
Are there any complete examples of how to install a DACPAC from an Octopus package to a SQL Server database?
It is very limited the information how to do deploy a DACPAC with Octopus Deploy.

Kind regards,
Rikard

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Reece Walsh on 14 Nov, 2017 02:50 AM

Hi Rikard,

Thank you for contacting Octopus Deploy support in regards to this query,

Whilst defining your release process, you are required to specify the package that contains the DACPAC file in the Deploy Package step, this is then referenced within the standalone step for the SQL-Deploy DACPAC template.

As long as the package exists within your Library it will be findable via "Package ID". I've attached some screenshots for visual aid if needed.

The SQL-Deploy DACPAC step identifies the relevant package step via "DACPAC Package Step Name". You must also specify the DACPAC filename itself under "DACPAC Package Name" since the DACPAC file resides within the package Octopus cannot retrieve this value.

Additionally, I've found an online example of another Octopus User deploying a Database Project DACPAC.

If you require any additional information or clarification please let me know :)

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Reece

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Reece Walsh on 14 Nov, 2017 02:52 AM

Screenshots

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• package-reference.png 15.8 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac