Browser's "back" button with full-screen script leaves menu banner hidden

mike

13 Nov, 2017 09:15 AM

Hi,

I've found a small glitch in the full-screen script editing window - if you use the browser's "back" button to return to the previous page the blue menu banner remains invisible, making navigation around the application more or less impossible. This seems to happen with all full screen script windows (Script Console, Step Templates, Script Modules).

There's a couple of easy workarounds:

• Don't use the "back" button!
  • Hit "forward" in the browser, click "full screen" on the script box again then "Exit full screen" to restore the banner
  • Hit "refresh"

I figured you might like a bug report anyway.

Cheers,

M

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Kenneth Bates on 14 Nov, 2017 12:52 AM

Hi Mike,

Thanks for getting in touch! I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about this and your workarounds. I have been able to reproduce this strange bug, and I'm sorry about the confusion it has caused. I've given this a test in our upcoming 4.0 release (which is largely a huge UI overhaul) and have confirmed this behavior is fixed for it. We're expecting a full release of 4.0 this month, so upgrading to that when it's available will resolve it. You can play around in 4.0 as it currently is on our demo site if you want a feel for it here.
    https://demo.octopus.com

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns going forward.

Kind regards,

Kenny

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac