Queued tasks- summary tab: Task queued behind a list of all (irrelevant) tasks

bruno.de.baenst

27 Oct, 2017 12:20 PM

Hi,

In the summary tab of a queued task the following message is shown. "This task has not started yet, and is queued behind these other tasks".
Below this there is a list of all running tasks eventhough they aren't at all related to the queued task.
This seems to have been recently changed, but this is in my opinion just confusing.
Why not only show the relevant task that is causing the new task to be queued?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Alex Rolley on 30 Oct, 2017 06:44 AM

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We have already identified that this is an issue and are working on a fix. While this isn't the exact problem that you described, GitHub Issue 3827 is where we are tracking this work. Please feel free to follow this issue so that you are notified when it is included in a production release.

Please let me know if there is anything else that we can assist with,

Regards,
    Alex

2. 2 Posted by EbenZhang on 09 Feb, 2018 03:09 AM

We got the same problem with 3.17.7.

There is no `manual intervention` message as mentioned in the github issue.

Most of the tasks in the list are irrelavent and deploying to different tentacles and different projects. One of the task (the Game one) is deploying to the same environement but different tentacle and different version

3. 3 Posted by EbenZhang on 09 Feb, 2018 03:24 AM

It seems you can only have one task per environment even if deploying to different tenctacles. Is there any workaround?

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Alex Rolley on 16 Feb, 2018 06:20 AM

Hi,

Looking at the screenshot that you have provided it appears that you have enough running tasks that you have hit your task cap [set to 5 be default], which Administrators can change in Configuration ➜ Nodes. The task cap itself is an overall cap for the server, not limited to any environment so if your deployment is configured to allow for parallel deployments it will allow you to deploy to multiple machines in the same environment simultaneously.

I hope that helps, please let me know if there is anything else that I can help with,

Regards,

Alex

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac