Chain Deployment template fails after Octopus Server upgrade

Robert Glickman

07 Jul, 2017 09:02 PM

Hi,

I upgraded our Octopus Server from 3.13.7, I think, to 3.15.2 and now I'm seeing a 404 in the community step template for Chain Deployment. Tracing this down, it seems to be that the links we're seeing from the Octopus API Links section for a given project has links like the following:

"Channels": "/api/projects/Projects-323/channels{?skip,take}"

Visiting these URLs results in a 404 because of the {?skip,take} at the end.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by John Simons on 10 Jul, 2017 01:08 AM

Hi Robert,

Unfortunately looks like that step template has a bug, I have raised an issue for it in https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Library/issues/560 to get it fixed.

Community step templates are open source, so if you want to get involved, add a comment to the issue above, all help is welcome.

Cheers
    John

2. 2 Posted by Robert Glickman on 17 Jul, 2017 05:28 PM

Hi John,

Does the Octopus team provide recommendations for working with URI Templates in Powershell? I am motivated to fix this, but I would like to figure out the easiest way to go about this. Any samples you might have would be helpful.

Thanks,
    Robert

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Henrik Andersso... on 19 Jul, 2017 04:56 AM

Hi Robert,

Your fix to this step template was pushed to the community library site this morning.

Thank you very much for your contribution!

Cheers,
    Henrik

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac