Octopus is unable to connect to TeamCity thru External Feeds.

sandeep.yelukati

19 Jun, 2017 11:31 AM

Hello There,
 We installed the new TeamCity and enabled the guest-user. From the TC Nuget Feed i copied the Public Feed URL and pasted in the Libraries->External Feeds->Added. And tried to test and i cant able to see any binaries.
Kindly help me out if i miss any settings.

Thanks in Advance !!!

Regards,
Sandeep.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dalmiro Grañas on 19 Jun, 2017 12:08 PM

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for reaching out!

• Do you see an error in the Octopus UI or in your browser's development console when you test the feed?

• What does the URL you are using to connect to the TC feed look like?

• What do you see if you browse that url from the browser?

Regards,
    Dalmiro

2. 2 Posted by sandeep.yelukat... on 19 Jun, 2017 12:30 PM

I don’t see any error..
    1- I’m getting this comment : If you don't see any results and you are using a file-based NuGet package repository, it might be because your NuGet folder is unavailable. Check that the Octopus service is running under an account that has permissions to access the directory.

2- http://192.168.111.87:8080/guestAuth/app/nuget/v1/FeedService.svc

3- Replay from the browser :

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
          <service xml:base="http://192.168.111.87:8080/guestAuth/app/nuget/v1/FeedService.svc/"><workspace><atom:title>Default</atom:title><collection href="Packages"><atom:title>Packages</atom:title></collection></workspace></service>

Regards,
    Sandeep.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Dalmiro Grañas on 19 Jun, 2017 02:12 PM

Hi Sandeep,

Everything looks just fine judging by that info you just sent.

If you don't see any errors and just that comment, its most likely because your TC guest user doesn't have enough permissions in your TC instance to show the packages on the feed or you don't have any packages in there.

Have you tried using Authenticated feed URL instead of the guest one? (see attached screenshot)

Thanks,
    Dalmiro

4. 4 Posted by sandeep.yelukat... on 21 Jun, 2017 06:27 AM

Hi Dalmiro,

I tried using the Authenticated feed URL but still the same issue with an error.
    Error : The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

Note : The credentials used was the right one.

Regards,
    Sandeep.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Dalmiro Grañas on 21 Jun, 2017 04:30 PM

If you open an incognito tab in your browser and go to the Authenticated feed URL, after you get prompted and put those same credentials, what do you see?

6. 6 Posted by sandeep.yelukat... on 22 Jun, 2017 11:16 AM

Its working fine with the same credentials. I can able to see the below text :
    This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
          <service xml:base="http://192.168.111.87:8080/httpAuth/app/nuget/v1/FeedService.svc/"><workspace><atom:title>Default</atom:title><collection href="Packages"><atom:title>Packages</atom:title></collection></workspace></service>

Sandeep.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Dalmiro Grañas on 22 Jun, 2017 05:43 PM

Hi Sandeep,

Could you download the Nuget Package Explorer and then use it to browse the packages in your feed using the Guest URL (the tools doesn't support auth feeds). Can you see any packages that way?

Dalmiro

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac