Thanks for getting in touch! I just checked Community Library (https://library.octopus.com) stats and we've had 19 errors and 59000 successful requests in the last week. We also haven't heard anything about connectivity problems from other customers.
Are there any firewalls or proxies between Octopus and the Internet?
on 12 Apr, 2017 10:15 AM
I'm having the same problem. We have a forward proxy that requires credentials & these have been entered. If I browse the library via Library | Step Templates & then click the 'community library website' link then I get to the library with no pop-ups requesting credentials.
on 13 Apr, 2017 07:20 AM
Thanks for the reply – I have got the library sync working now. I had the proxy set to use the IE proxy with custom credentials and, for whatever reason, this doesn't work for me. But changing it to custom & actually entering the proxy details solves the problem.
I'm glad that both you managed to get the synchronisation working.
The only reason I can think of re why it did not work out of the box is that the user (possibly you) who runs IE is already authenticated against the proxy whereas the user used by the Octopus server is not.
The simplest test would be to temporarily use your user to run Octopus server and see whether the sync works out of the box.
Thanks for the details. I tested Octopus with proxy settings specified in a PAC file and it worked just fine. What is the account you are using to run Octopus Server? Are you in a position to perform the test I mentioned before?
on 02 May, 2017 08:52 AM
Sorry for the delay in replying to you.
Changing the Octopus Manager service to use my credentials does not resolve the problem. However I didn't expect it to as we don't use active directory accounts to authenticate on the proxy – it uses a separate ldap directory so running the server using an AD account has no bearing of proxy authentication.
The situation remains the same. If I set Octopus to use the IE settings plus custom credentials then the library sync fails; but if I explicitly enter the proxy details then the sync succeeds.
I think that the problem is still most likely to be that the IE settings specify a proxy.pac script which Octopus doesn't know how to handle.