beware: variables bug after deleting steps

leblancmeneses

02 Feb, 2013 05:21 AM

I've been deploying about 10 steps in 1 project. Today I consolidated some end point services and deleted 4 steps. When i went back to update variables I found all the variables were mixed up with different steps. Seems the deleting of steps caused this bug to appear.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Paul Stovell on 22 Feb, 2013 07:16 AM

Thanks for the bug report, we'll fix it in the next release:

https://trello.com/card/variables-get-mixed-up-after-deleting-steps...

Paul

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Paul Stovell on 25 Feb, 2013 05:44 AM

Hi Leblanc,

I just tried this in the latest release and I can't reproduce the error. When a step is deleted, we simply delete all variables that reference that step ID. We don't change any variables, so I don't know why your variables would be "mixed up".

Paul

3. 3 Posted by leblancmeneses on 25 Feb, 2013 06:05 AM

I am the only one that deploys from the Robust Haven license we purchased on 10/5/2012. This project has been deploying since then. I upgrade as soon as newest version is released.

I lost at least an hour realigning variables with correct packages after deleting a few steps each with a few variables.

I was using the stable version before: Version 1.3.5.1564 during this time period. Currently I am up-to-date with Version 1.3.5.1564 .

I was able to realign variables with correct packages - but it was an inconvenience and wanted to report.

4. Paul Stovell closed this discussion on 04 Jan, 2017 07:52 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac