Adding NuGet feed with missing credentials

Tosh

19 Feb, 2012 05:23 PM

I'm playing around with Teamcity 7 RC and its NuGet feed, and stumbled upon some weird behavior when trying to add an authenticated feed with missing credentials (to see what would happen). Don't know if the problem is caused by Octopus or TeamCity, but when clicking "Create" in the add feed dialog the API/Feeds/Add POST request hangs, while the cpu and memory usage of both w3wp.exe and the TeamCity process goes through the roof.

Another note, when adding a feed with an invalid url Octopus returns status code 500, which led me to believe that Octopus was crashing for some reason. Returning 400 (or something in the 4xx range) would make more sense here.

1. 1 Posted by Tosh on 22 Feb, 2012 12:35 PM

Just a small update to this. Today I changed the Teamcity password, which caused the feed password to change. This meant that the NuGet feed in Octopus now had invalid credentials, and the same thing happened when I tried using Octopus. CPU went high on both w3wp and TeamCity.

2. 2 Posted by Sean Chambers on 09 Mar, 2012 02:21 AM

Were you ever able to get octopus to work with a teamcity nuget feed? I am trying to add an unauthenticated guest nuget feed and I keep getting "Error: 500 - Server error: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow."

This isnt with an authenticated feed however. Any help would be appreciated.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Paul Stovell on 10 Mar, 2012 06:21 PM

Hi Tosh,

Thanks for reporting this, I'll try to work out why the CPU spikes so much and a simple error doesn't come back.

Hi Sean,

What happens when you add the same feed to Visual Studio's package manager?

Paul

4. 4 Posted by Robert Wagner on 12 Mar, 2012 01:25 AM

Sean,

I got octopus working with a TeamCity nuget feed. I didn't try the public feed, rather had to specify a username/password. Not sure if integrated security works.

Rob

5. 5 Posted by Sean Chambers on 12 Mar, 2012 01:46 PM

I had to upgrade to the latest version of octopus to get it to work if anyone else stumbles across this. Thanks for your help guys. It's working now.

Sean

6. 6 Posted by Robert Wagner on 08 Feb, 2013 04:51 AM

Paul,

I'm still getting this problem in version 1.3.0.1535

Rob

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Paul Stovell on 08 Feb, 2013 06:08 AM

Robert, what problem exactly? Does the CPU spike when adding a TeamCity feed? What happens when integrated auth isn't used?

Paul

8. 8 Posted by Robert Wagner on 08 Feb, 2013 06:52 AM

Paul,

Not sure, I don't have direct access to the octopus server. The problem only occurs when nuget (TeamCity) requires auth and the username/password is incorrect or left blank.

Rob

9. 9 Posted by Robert Wagner on 08 Feb, 2013 09:30 AM

I'll see if I can open the process in VS on Mon

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Paul Stovell on 22 Feb, 2013 07:10 AM

Thanks, this will be fixed in the next release.

Paul

11. Paul Stovell closed this discussion on 04 Jan, 2017 07:52 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac