columns not resizable in Project Variables screen

tim.poth

24 Nov, 2017 03:16 PM

Often im looking for a var though im not sure what exactly im looking for but ill know it when i find it. In the new interface the name column is much too small for some of our var names and not having a way to resize it makes it annoying to look for something. Would be nice to resize

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Pawel Pabich on 26 Nov, 2017 11:46 PM

Hi Tim,

Thanks for getting in touch! We are already working on bringing this functionality back.

That being said I would recommend you give our new advanced filter a try. You can easily search there by partial variable name and search is done without going to the server so it is very fast. I use it all the time. Have a look at the screenshot for more details.

Regards,

Pawel

2. 2 Posted by tim.poth on 27 Nov, 2017 07:45 AM

Thanks Pawel,
    Unfortunately the filter only works if you have something to start with, when your not sure what your looking for but will know it when you see it the only option is to walk the list. We have too many projects, I don’t know all the vars off the top of my head.
    Thanks
    tim

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Pawel Pabich on 27 Nov, 2017 10:31 PM

HI Tim,

That makes sense. Hopefully we will be able ship re-sizeable columns soon. In the meantime, we've made a small change in 4.0.7 and now the name column is wider.

Regards,

Pawel

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac