Download link when upgrading

chris.moseley

21 Nov, 2017 09:53 AM

I love Octopus but there is one feature that bugs me. Whenever Octopus needs upgrading I get a notifcation saying something along the lines of "a new version is available and you can upgrade free... download now". I click the download now link expecting something to download and I go to a release notes page, whith no download link!! I kind of feel like links should do what they say they're going to do. If I want to view the release notes page, the link should say "release notes".

Other than that, keep up the good work!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Alex Rolley on 22 Nov, 2017 03:56 AM

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting in touch!

As it turns out I agree with you 100%, so much so that I logged an issue about it (#3683)!

Once we dug into it a little we decided that a little bit of logic was required, but it is on our radar and will get fixed at some point. Feel free to subscribe to the issue so that you are notified when we include the fix in a production release, but rest assured that I won't let this one go away :)

Happy deploying,

Alex

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac