Feature Request : Email Approval Step

paul.farry

02 Jun, 2017 03:24 AM

Currently there is an email step and a manual intervention step, but I was hoping for something where an Email can be sent to a person (or group) and in there it has a 2 buttons (Approve, Reject) and when the user clicks the button in their email they are either directed back to the Octopus server and a text field for a reason is presented and they confirm the action.

Then this acts similarly to the existing Manual intervention step.

Just wondering if this exists or how one would go about implementing this.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Kenneth Bates on 05 Jun, 2017 01:39 AM

Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting in touch and sharing your request. Unfortunately, a step that combines both the email and manual intervention step doesn't exist within a single step. However, this can be accomplished in a couple of ways.

The first way is like you've already mentioned - use both the email step followed by a manual intervention step. I'd say this is the best option as you have more power to customize what's included in the email.

The second option is to use the subscriptions feature which was introduced in Octopus 3.5. This allows you to 'subscribe' to events, which will send a webhook or email notification when those events occur within Octopus. The specific event in this case would be Manual intervention interruption raised. You can refer to our subscription documentation for more info.
    https://octopus.com/docs/administration/subscriptions

We also have a similar suggestion on our UserVoice site to be able to send emails within a manual intervention step. I'd suggest giving it some more votes!
    https://octopusdeploy.uservoice.com/forums/170787-general/suggestio...

I hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Kenny

2. paul.farry closed this discussion on 24 Jul, 2017 11:56 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac